MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT
Wren Construction Ltd strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations. This policy applies to all persons working for us or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees at all levels, directors, subcontractors, agents, contractors and suppliers.
Modern slavery is a term used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour, bonded and child labour and human trafficking. Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
The steps that we take to mitigate risks in all areas of our business are as follows:
• We verify that all employees have the right to work in the UK upon commencement of their employment
• We make all employees aware of their working hours, leave and absence entitlements and other employment benefits via the company induction. Every employee is made aware of our policies and given full access to them whenever they need to reference them.
• We prohibit the use of forced labour and training on modern slavery is available to all employees
• We verify that all subcontractors have the right to work in the UK and we consider subcontractors' approach to employee rights and any breaches of human rights related legislation during our selection process.
• We ask all site operatives to provide evidence of their CSCS cards.
· We procure all of our directly sourced materials from UK based organisations that are required to comply with UK laws on forced labour.
Our whistleblowing procedure allows any employee of third party to confidentially raise a concern. This statement will be reviewed and updated as necessary on at least an annual basis.
Roger Bradbury - MD Wren Construction Limited
30th May 2019